This contract serves to prove a student's knowledge about the definition of and consequences for bullying, and to inform parents of the ballet school policy regarding aggressive and inappropriate behavior among students.
By signing this contract students and parents understand that New Bedford Ballet has a zero tolerance policy concerning bullying. Bullying is defined as follows:
- Bullying can be physical, verbal, or emotional
- Bullying consists of, but is not limited to: name-calling, violence, theft, rumors, exclusion, threats, intimidation, put-downs, and pranks.
- Students all should be treated with courtesy and equality regardless of age, gender, race, religion, orientation, size, disability, intelligence, athletic ability or popularity.
Student pledges to uphold the following rules:
- To abide by the ballet school's policy concerning bullying and harassment
- To report incidents of bullying to a trusted teacher or staff member.
- To stand up for victims of bullying.
- To encourage others to treat all students with respect and courtesy.
- To help make the ballet school a place where everyone feels safe and respected.
Student understands that any incidents of bullying will result in the following consequences:
- First report of bullying:
- Second report of bullying:
Student/Parent/Teacher meeting. Class and/or performance consequence.
- Third report of bullying:
Student/Parent/Teacher meeting. Student will be asked to leave the school.